ASSESSMENT FOR LEARNING
One of the cornerstones of personalized learning is knowing the learner.
That means teachers must know their students as learners,
and students must know themselves as learners.
In Evergreen, assessment is a tool used not just as a measure of learning, but for learning. We utilize a range of tools for specific purposes to build a more accurate and comprehensive view of a learner and their needs, both in academic and social-emotional learning. In Evergreen, assessment is a tool used not just as a measure of learning, but for learning.
There is no one assessment or tool that will meet the needs of all teachers and students. We utilize a range of tools for specific purposes to build a more accurate and comprehensive view of a learner and their needs, both in academic and social-emotional learning.
Assessment Calendars 2018-19
Universal Reading and Math
The purpose of universal screeners is to help identify students for intervention services, monitor growth throughout the year, and provide teachers with information on the effectiveness of core instruction. i-Ready’s adaptive assessments in reading and math serve as our universal screening tools three times per year.
In addition to their screening functions, the i-Ready platform also provides:
- diagnostic information about student skills with recommendations for next steps,
- targeted assessments of specific standards in grades 2 – 8,
- reports to assess whether students are on track to achieve end-of-year achievement and growth targets,
- downloadable lessons to help meet individual student or small group needs,
- and online instruction and practice targeted to students’ unique needs to supplement classroom instruction and intervention.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Login Video
- Teacher Login Video
- Setting Developmental Levels Video
- Printing Class QuickCards for K – 3
- Video Instructions for Class QuickCards for K – 3
- Printing Instructions for K-5 Student Email Addresses and Passwords from Skyward
- Creating Instructional Groups Across Classes or Grade Levels
Culture, Climate, and Social Emotional Learning
Survey tools capture student, teacher, and family perceptions including topics like student/family engagement, school fit, pedagogical effectiveness, school climate, safety, school leadership, and professional learning.
In addition, social emotional survey data tied to individual students allow for monitoring students’ perceptions of themselves with respect to grit, growth mindset, self-efficacy, and more. Having this SEL data allows for more targeted counseling groups and provides teachers with suggested moves to improve students’ SEL through a Playbook.